1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Tree won't grow.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bonabopn, May 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I've been trying to grow a tree in a specific place on my farm for literally years (in game, anyway) and it still won't grow.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690035091
    I've kept the 24 spaces around it empty the whole time, even removing the paths. I've replanted another seed recently, but it doesn't seem to be growing.
    What do i do?

• SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

I've had the same problem before too. There were a couple that just took forever to grow but they did grow... eventually. I'm not sure how long it took in the end but it was definitely at least a year even though others around it grew no problem. Not sure if it's a bug or just something that's completely random. I don't think there's anything you can do besides wait. I have no idea if it'll work or not, but you could always try getting rid of that one and try to plant another?

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I sort of had the same trouble when I was growing my tree patch. I planted the trees in the same manner you did in a square (basically, 9 different trees). It went willy-nilly with some trees not growing at the speed they were supposed to grow, and my cherry sapling even vanished at one point. But after the other trees that actually were growing the rest of the trees came about aswell. But I have this feeling that you can't plant tree saplings/seeds so close with each other.

• MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

You're supposed to keep the surrounding 8 tiles free from anything such as grass, tree seeds which tend to just blow in at random and other tree's, so you're right there..
          I've only had an issue with wild tree seeds getting to close from time to time, but that's about it..
          That tree in OP's picture should grow just fine :/