1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Umbreon Race v3.15b

Adds umbreon race to starbound

1. Jokerswildnight

Jokerswildnight Phantasmal Quasar

Also! Forgot to mention I added a touch of lore to the bottom of the main page! Check it out and tell me what you guys think! :D

2. Pokemorphedplayer

Pokemorphedplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Kind of curious but what happens if you have a character with an already maxed ship? Will I need to delete the character?

3. Jokerswildnight

I'm pretty sure that that would be the case, but I can't tell you 100%. If this is an issue, I can perhaps put together an version of this update without the new ship and post an alternate link? Although, the ship is the main point of this update...

4. Jokerswildnight

Quick PSA:

An update was slated for today, but after testing, certain technical difficulties forced me to postpone it.

Update notes:
    Will add basic (generic template) furniture for the umbreon race. This furniture will have placeholder sprites until I can find a sprite artist willing to rework them.

Current issue (to be resolved):
    Colony Deed doesn't seem to recognize the furniture as such, and thus will not spawn tennants at this time when using the custom furniture. Will do a little more testing later tonight, so please bear with me. If you would like a testing file of this in-dev update to help resolve the issue, feel free to PM me and I will respond when I am able. Furniture scripts are pre-made from the 'Advanced Race Template' by Skittles. As always, your help is highly valued and appreciated, and thank you all for helping make this mod what it is.

Post-script:
    If you have suggestions for a new 'Unique' color pallet like the three newer ones i've added, please share your thoughts.

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you don't plan on doing so yourself, may I edit this and make a digitigrade version?

6. Jokerswildnight

Feel free to do so, just give credit where it's due :)

7. Jokerswildnight

Just posting to assure you guys that i'm not dead! Haven't had as much time to fiddle with the mod lately due to work, but I will try and get back to working on it as soon as possible.

In other news, at the time of posting, this mod now has 2,834 downloads! Thank you guys so much for your support and for making this mod as popular as it is! I never once thought that the little change I made to the human sprite would turn out to be a full-fledged, unique race! You guys made this mod what it is, and I hope you'll continue to provide feedback and support as we move forward into 2018! Thank you all!

Myifee and Corraidhín like this.
  8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Its a pretty nice mod ^^ appreciate all the work that has gone into it!

9. Pokemorphedplayer

It's a cool little mod! :rofl: Also umbreon is my favorite eeveelution so being able to travel the universe as one is awesome! And don't sweat not updating. Real life happens and that usually takes center stage. We can wait.

Corraidhín likes this.
  10. Jokerswildnight

A small PSA:
    No, this mod isn't dead. The delay in update is due to my own crippling inability to figure out scripts. I still have an unposted dev update that contains the placeholder furniture i'm working on, but I can't for the life of me get them to work properly.

The issue: Furniture appears properly in game, but the colony deed doesn't seem to register it for the Umbreon race colony tag.

If anyone wants this unfinished update, to take a look at helping with the script, feel free to PM me.

Hope you guys are still enjoying what we have so far! :D

11. Jokerswildnight

Work, work, work. This is my life lately.

In other news, still looking for scripting help with the next update. Lots to do, so little time. But this mod is still worth the effort on my end. You guys are great, and I still appreciate your support! Stay awesome everyone!

LufiaGuy2000 and Corraidhín like this.
  12. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Nice mod! I'd like to see hair added to this~

13. Jokerswildnight

Good news, Everyone! Someone is looking into the furniture situation(possibly) and some new racial clothing/armor. I can't give you any guarantees or timeframes yet, but we may have another update ready to go before long!

Big thanks to Lufiaguy200 for his/her help.

Sugar-Fable likes this.
  14. Pokemorphedplayer

Hey! It's something! I'm glad to hear this mod's still going!

15. CakePopzz

CakePopzz Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, whenever I try to open the industrial workbench, this error appears https://sta.sh/0dso6rhfvjb
    Is this a bug, or did something not install on my end?

16. Jokerswildnight

Thabks for letting me know, i'll look into it as soon as possible.

Edit: should be fixed now. Let me know if anything else comes up.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  17. Jokerswildnight

So, the work being done to this mod is going quite well! I have seen base looks for two of the outfits that Lufiaguy2000 is currently working on, and they look promising. I'll let you guys know when things are close to release, and until then i'll keep you informed on how things are coming along. Super excited to get you guys the new update asap!

18. Jokerswildnight

19. peco5bi11

peco5bi11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So cool, can't wait to see more of this mod. Best of luck on it's progress!

20. MasterXYZ

MasterXYZ Void-Bound Voyager

Both Umbreon Ship Hatch and Umbreon Ship Door items are missing, please fix the bug otherwise i can't open the workbench and craft blocks and furniture!!!
    PS: If you can't fix the issue right now, at least send me the missing folders (objects\umbreon\umbreonshiphatch and objects\umbreon\umbreonshipdoor) and i will assembly the mod by myself

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018