Modding Help Undead traits

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by XelSlime, Oct 21, 2016.

1. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hate to be a bother, but I've recently created a zombie race mod, and... unfortunately I'm not skilled with json or LUA stuff.

I'd been thinking that it'd be neat if they had some pros and cons based off of D&D to a point. The things that stand out to me are not being subject to critical hits (though I don't think that's a thing in Starbound), some effects which almost sound like zombies don't get tired easily (though that could be cheap in some areas, regarding the energy gauge. Maybe just reduced consumption, or recharging without a pause after using the gauge), and the natural thing regarding undead... taking damage from healing/positive energy effects.

If anyone has the time and know-how, could you help make these zombies a bit more like the undead they're supposed to be?

I'm thinking that food and medicine-based healing should be left alone, but healing water and a "Healing Zone" should harm them instead, about as much as it'd heal regularly. There's also Frackin' Universe effects to consider, like what affects us when we stand on proto-soil. Those should probably be an add-on effect, probably in Frackin' Races honestly.

The work could even be useful for future undead-type race mods people come up with, if they wanted them to be partially like D&D.