[WebApp] Stardew Predictor -- Gaze into the future of your farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

This app is awesome!

Quick question about the geodes though.. if it's predicting Omni Geode #206 is a prismatic shard, it will be 206 and it won't matter which type of geode I cracked each of the 205 previous times, right?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Correct. Only the 206th geode needs to be an Omni, the previous 205 could be anything.

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

Let's see if I got this to work...

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

OK, I've pushed out an update to fix that bug; @BouncingCactus your save should properly say 45 days played now. You may need to clear cache or restart your browser before trying again.

BentFX and BouncingCactus like this.
          • BouncingCactus

Yeah, that fixed it :)

• MouseyPounds

Looking at 1.3 content, the Traveling Merchant's boat at the night market uses the same logic as his/her cart in the forest, so it'll be easy to predict. The main issue with that is whether the boat stuff should be added to the current tab (which makes the browsing pretty confusing, but gives a unified search) or whether it should be separate. I suppose another option is to have the browsing for each be separate tabs, but let the search on each tab look at both locations. I'm interested in any opinions you all have in this area.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

This idea might be terrible, but what if you're seeing Friday, Winter 12 and Sunday Winter 14 (as it is now) and clicking the "next week" button shows 3 columns for the Night Festival. Then clicking "next week" on that display will show Winter 19 and Winter 21?
                Technically they're not separate weeks, but it seems like it makes sense to me anyway. My first choice wouldn't be to have a separate tab.

MouseyPounds and BentFX like this.
                • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I like that. My first thought was, for that one week, show the three columns either above or below the normal two columns, maybe with a "Night Market - [Expand/Collapse]" header. No matter how it's displayed, just have to treat that one week as a special case.

MouseyPounds and margotbean like this.
                  • MouseyPounds

Thanks @margotbean & @BentFX for the feedback. Margot's suggestion was the one I had come up with as well for using 1 tab, so that's what's been implemented; the Night Market is basically just treated as the "week" between Friday the 12th and Friday the 19th, and I'll trust that people don't take the word "week" too literally. Note that Night Market stock will not show in either the browse or search modes if the save isn't from 1.3

margotbean likes this.
                    • BouncingCactus

I think I found another multiplayer bug, this time with the geodes.
                      So the geode calculator tells me I am at geode number 2160.
                      There is no possible way that's true, we managed to gather at most 200 geodes all together, probably not even close to that.
                      So I tested this out. I took my geodes and went to Clint and opened them.
                      My regular geodes seem to be at number 39, given the list of items that spawn follow the pattern as if it was geodes 39, 40, 41 etc.
                      My omni geodes seem to be starting at 26.

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

Alright, I have a pretty good idea what went wrong there, although it'll be hard to verify since I don't have a good way to test actual multiplayer stuff. Apparently, the geode counter is separately maintained for each player -- Hans has cracked 21 geodes, and Lyra has opened 60, so in theory your next one opened is #22 and Lyra's is #61. Assuming that's all that's going on, an early prismatic shard is especially useful in multiplayer since everyone could potentially get one. I'll try and work out an update tonight to at least list the different totals for each player, perhaps with individual reset buttons.

• MouseyPounds

OK, a new version is up which should correctly identify each player's geode count on a multiplayer save.

Also, I am interested in overnight events. If anyone sees one of the following in their game, please let me know what day it happened and what the ID number for the save is. Thanks!
                          • Fairy visit
                          • Witch visit (either type)
                          • Meteor hit
                          • Strange capsule appearance
                          • Stone Owl statue appearance

• SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fairy visit on the night of the 18th of Spring, 1st year. Game: Suntide_180900865

If you're taking suggestions, is Gus' inventory deterministic? It might seem like a silly thing to want to predict, but Gus is the only way to get a loved gift in time for some of the villagers' first birthdays.

MouseyPounds likes this.
                            • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

It's been discussed before. Gus' menu operates on a different random scheme and can't be predicted. It would be nice though.

EDIT: It was back on page 2...
                              https://community.playstarbound.com...uture-of-your-farm.141370/page-2#post-3260323

• MouseyPounds

Thanks! My first attempts at prediction give me a Spring 19 Fairy with that ID, so I may have an off-by-one error in the logic. Keep an eye out for a possible meteor during the second week of Fall. ;-)

I just checked the DishOfTheDay logic to make sure it hasn't changed in 1.3, and unfortunately it is still not deterministic enough to predict ahead of time as it still includes StepsTaken in the seed.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

OK, how many steps do I need for lucky lunch or crispy bass? I'll walk very, very, very carefully :D

MouseyPounds likes this.
                                  • Lyssie

Lyssie Void-Bound Voyager

Either the game or the predictor is doing something funky for me.

I was trying to get fire quartz out of a geode. Two separate times, when the predictor showed that I would get fire quartz from either a magma geode or omni geode, the omni would instead produce a frozen tear. I reset and tested, and the magma geode correctly produced the fire quartz. (Only one test; the first one happened before I had access to magma geodes.)

No idea what's going on or what would cause that, but I figured I'd mention it here for science.

• MouseyPounds

@Lyssie : Which game version were you playing and were there any mods active? If that happens again, please upload a copy of your save here and I'll take a look. :)

• Lyssie

Lyssie Void-Bound Voyager

1.3 beta, no mods!
                                        Looking at the predictor, it seems my the next chance for a fire quartz is in about 14 geodes, so I'll check it once I have enough.

EDIT: I checked, and it seems to have fixed itself. Transient beta bug, I guess!

Last edited: May 13, 2018
                                        • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Fairy visit, night of the 9th of Fall, Year 1, ID = 184632802

MouseyPounds likes this.