Well, good luck CA.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lirinya, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

Well, I can't say I know much about the developers of what ever this forums relates too other than CA and I can't say I like these forums. They're very impersonal to Stardew valley but, good luck with the development CA and I hope the decisions you have made benefit you.

• Hollow

Hollow Phantasmal Quasar

ConcernedApe decided to allow Chucklefish Games (developer or publisher of Starbound, Wanderlust, Treasure Adventure Game) to publish Stardew Valley for several reasons:

1. Exposure, which he has gotten immensely.
      2. Website and forum support, both overhauled by Tiy (Terraria's artist, owner of Chucklefish) because the previous ones needed improvement.
      3. Free marketing.
      4. Streamlining the process to sell Stardew Valley through whatever venue he so chooses.
      5. Advice on how to better finely tune certain code, like online co-op.

These forums are better protected against spambots, easier to read through and Stardew Valley has it's own section to keep it seperate from the rest. The background of the Stardew boards are going to be updated to look more like Stardew when the forum staff can get around to it. :) Stick around and see if it doesn't grow on you.

Frisky Fox and Walross like this.
      • Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

I can understand that completely. Of course the support and what not will be beneficial.

As for the forums, I am always weary when a community attempts to expand, it can be both good and bad, both attract good and bad attention. Call me cynical. Though of course, I reserve full judgement until I've seen how it turns out, for now though, I just hope the community he gathered originally sticks around.

• Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Look on the bright side; Stardew's becoming part of a community that, by and large, is quite intelligent and welcoming. Stardew might not be my kind of game (never been a fan of farming sims; I just never could wrap my head around them and I'm terrible at budgeting time), but that doesn't mean I don't welcome those who do enjoy it.

Breather likes this.
          • Throndir

Throndir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Change is always scary. I agree with Lirinya that it does seem kinda impersonal - but that's just me being more used to the old forums. But that'd probably change once a new skin is over that makes the transition look nicer. Just curious, how would sales work? Like will Chucklefish earn some money, a percentage, for being the publisher of SW?

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Granted, I'm a little apprehensive about the new forums. But, looking around, I'm fine with it.

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

What they could probably do is add forum styles specific to the games.

• mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Chucklefish's community manager here. I hope ConcernedApe's community sticks around too! And please let me know how I can expand Stardew's forums so that they feel more like the original ones.

I'm just as excited for Stardew Valley as you guys, and I think a lot of Starbound's community will be too. :)

We're looking into it. :)

Shippo, Kalvuric and Pinkie Pie like this.
                  • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

That last bit is the only thing I could think of to make it like the original. Other than that, it's awesome.

• mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

We could see about making individual themes for each game's subforum. It'll take a little time, though!
                      Also, I love your username. Majora's Mask is one of my absolute favorite games. :)

Pinkie Pie and Solum like this.
                      • Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Yup, another great game that I can't wait to play. :love:
                        (Love Harvest Moon type games. <3 )

Grinds likes this.
                        • Cheesey

Cheesey Title Not Found

Starbound or Stardew Vally.
                          Either or, their gonna be great ^^

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

It's kind of difficult getting used to the new forums and chat and the integrated community, but I'm sticking with it. It's just gonna take a bit to get used to :D

ConcernedApe likes this.
                            • Zombie Draxx

Zombie Draxx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think it's an impersonal forum and the SV section looks very friendly and game relevant.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

The SV theme was only implemented about an hour or two ago. Originally the theme was the same as the SB forums

• Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

...which is dark and broody...like space. kinda. Now it is bright and cheery. (maybe a bit too bright...but that is my opinion)

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

these fourms are full of the nicest people
                                    i havnt found a fourm that has nicer people

• Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, same. I've always loved games like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory (ESPECIALLY Rune Factory), and having played a few multiplayer fangames in the past, I honestly can't wait for this game's release, haha.

• Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

I believe we are at the same boat.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Best of luck to you CA, and may the Goddess of Developing and Gaming supports you! :)