Werewolf.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Azerk, Nov 3, 2013.

1. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Werewolves aren't furries tho

2. What?!
    No... Just, no...

What you're saying is stupid. You can't even compare Apex and werewolves like that. Let alone Avians and werewolves.
    They're different in theme, story and appearance.

Djill and WoxandWarf like this.
  3. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Guys guys! Leave the poor dude in peace.

Q:
    What sci-fi universes have you taken inspiration from for this game? It looks awesome by the way :) (Asker)
    A:
    Despite the setting, I think there's actually more fantasy present in Starbound than hard sci-fi. Though there's an awful lot of inspiration from Doctor Who :p (Tiy)

Source: http://www.topiama.com/r/1138/we-are-chucklefish-games-developers-of-indie-game

4. Azerk

Azerk Void-Bound Voyager

5. JennShii

I meant visually. Try to imagine it and you should see it too :catface2:
    I probably should have said something like "Assuming they're sentient and intelligent (which then might make them furries? idk) and can communicate and actually cooperate with the interstellar relations with other races rather than be a bloodthirsty monster or mythical lore."

Apex may not actually fit the bill all that much like you said considering they're supposedly humans that went backwards in evolution (or something) but from a distance you could call them ape people. This is a very similar statement and concept of calling werewolves wolf people. Avians are bird people. Also similar concept. The concept I mentioned is: shape of a man with animal-like characteristics.

EXAMPLE 1) Avians are like people covered in feathers with the face of a bird.
    EXAMPLE 2) Werewolves are like people covered in fur with the face of a wolf.

If you were assuming I was talking about the shape-shifting bloodthirsty werewolves, no way. Those might make their way into the game as a mob maybe or as something similar, but not a playable race.

Also calling people stupid because you disagree with something (and in this case don't even understand) makes you look even more stupid than you attempted to make me feel. I recommend reading it again, writing what you want to say, them read what you wrote. Ask yourself "would I want this to be said to me?" Then in your case, make drastic changes or cancel the post altogether.

6. Facethelight

Facethelight Existential Complex

Because of the fact theres anthro races and such, and weird silly animals and such. or penguins with guns...
    But the main matter is, there isn't something like someone using fire-balls nor shapeshifting. thats straight up magic. Which brings me to my main point.
    Fantasy isn't bad, magic is

7. The myths around werewolfs are not "magic" at all, there is a history behind them. I imagine some villages NPCs can actually be werewolfs that are normal at day, but enemies at night. :rofl:

JennShii likes this.
  8. Facethelight

Do most of the people know that?
    No
    Do most of the people think its magic?
    Looking at the thread and its current votes, hell yeah they do.

Bacon likes this.
  9. JennShii

Could be a disease that over time (the average lifetime of an NPC) changes them into a werewolf permanently and they live either in solitude or very tight communities so they don't spread the disease?

10. Well @Facethelight i believe the team is considering the game to have also funny and not so serious things also mixed, what also adds the possibility to things like this be added, as long it remains immersive with the game it's okay. :cautious:

11. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Ahem, bioshock *cough *cough* 'tis a steampunk game.

12. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

I don't really have an opinion on the matter of werewolves in Starbound, but I will be that guy and say: The myths and legends behinds werewolves? Very much about magic.
    In the spread of the myth through early Europe, witchcraft and curses were the main explanations behind werewolves or the bite or scratch from one. They also believed that if the full moon fell across your face while you slept you might turn in to one.
    They believed one could enchant other wolves and be able to ride them or do their bidding.

Though the legends may have changed over the years, their origins were very much steeped in black magic

Djill and Bughunter like this.
  13. Ryfyle

Ryfyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More accurately it Could be considered Diesel-punk Due to the complete lack of Steam powered objects. It's more accurate its more similar to Bio-punk.

14. Ryfyle

Ryfyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's a thought, Lets go the gruesome mutant route. You got's some mutants with lupine features and maybe some other deformities. Maybe they are the products of some bio-lab, and are all crazy blood thirsting murder machines. There's always the bio-weapon Ala Resident evil sort of theme, but make just insanely kill crazy to a fault. High Defense, high attack, incredibly annoying, one-shotting kill beasts. Top it off with them transforming in to a phase two creature that's essentially John Carpenter's Thing monster that is a jumbled living mess of wolf and humanoid parts. Quarter of the Screen covered tails, hands, paws, teeth, and tentacles all armed with high tier weapons. If I'm to deal with werewolves in a Sci-Fi game, I demand Super Crazy.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  15. Facethelight

I understand that, for christs sake we have a pile of shit as an enemy.
    But i remember before being stated the game isn't supposed to have magic. Fantasy is different, thats a whole genre, but magic is specific, and something most of the starbound players, or atleast the ones on the suggestion forums, don't want.

16. Vampiz

Vampiz Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree the game shouldn't have magic as such, but as Thor said in his film, "In Asgard, science and magic are one in the same"

17. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Oddly enough, when you said Thor i thought about this the first:

[​IMG]

Also, speaking about Stargate, there were those Goauld (Or whatever its spelt like) manual things which could do stuff from teleporting and healing to firing blasts of energy. With the power of Technology.
    Why im saying this?
    Fireballs. Are. Not. MAGIC. (Unless they are)

What?

Ceane and Vampiz like this.
  18. Facethelight

And with that, I lost my faith in this thread.
    I'm out, PEACE
    [​IMG]

19. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

It can be a item which launchs a extremely combustive transparent gas, ignites it and then launchs a burst of repulsive force towards it.

20. Azerk

Azerk Void-Bound Voyager

Guys, this was only one thread need to go with them, as an old saying: ''Opinion is that neither ass, each one has its''.