1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion What happened to Starbards.net?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ZIOM5000, May 19, 2014.

1. ZIOM5000

ZIOM5000 Void-Bound Voyager

Been away from Starbound for a while and noticed that both the Starbards server and website are down. While I wasn't really playing there much, I did use the website a lot, browsing through abc files once in a while or adding something from my own findings.

Does anyone know what happened to them? Any info would be appreciated.

2. Lrns123

Lrns123 Big Damn Hero

3. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

myfu.net

We host from home, no running out of money! We take and implement most mod suggestions as well. We even have reddit style voting for mods that we are letting the community decide on.

4. ZIOM5000

ZIOM5000 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the info, Lrns. I truly wish these guys will manage to return back to business.

Didn't expect a random ad, though.

r3nt0r44, MajorCyto and jfmherokiller like this.
  5. jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really hope somone archived the website atleast because they had the largest selection of abc files that even beat the collection I found on reddit

6. MajorCyto

MajorCyto Phantasmal Quasar

Hello, i was the owner of that site.. I'm not sure that anyone has a total backup or archive.. i found a small chunk of them on my hard drive still but i haven't found all of them. I failed to get a proper backup at the end of it as i wasn't near a computer for around 2 weeks at the time and was in a different city 5 hours away. Kesa might have the most, but im not sure she actually kept them on her hardrive, most of the time we didnt keep the .abc file we just generated a preview for it.

And yeah, that guy was always keen and trying to steal traffic from us so it does not surprised me that he posted in this thread, all though it makes no sense to. lol.

7. MajorCyto

MajorCyto Phantasmal Quasar

I just found 1,135 of the songs on my hard drive actually.

RatixFarrence likes this.
  8. r3nt0r44

r3nt0r44 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still kinda hoping for StarBards will come back at some point, you know, we had nice community there.

9. Star Mc. Bound

Star Mc. Bound Pangalactic Porcupine

Any news on StarBards.net/the server?

10. Alex WaveDiver

Alex WaveDiver Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, sorry for the necropost but I went down the Starbards memory lane and found this, to my chagrin.

Not cool.

I never tried to steal any traffic from you guys. In fact, I was one of the users who contributed the most -original- submissions to the site (that's before the site went into a cycle of being more down than working, followed by you guys discarding Starbards like yesterday's jam and jumping ships to another game).

But oh well, all is good now I guess.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022