Race WHOA LOOK! THOSE ARE: TERRA SHARKS!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zain Hallows, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

thanks for that constructive response :U

2. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry. There's just not much to say about this.

3. Zain Hallows

there's a saying, it goes like this "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"

4. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Here comes king Hatred

Why should an entire thread be locked because you don't like it? Thats like someone saying obama should be impeached because he was born in Hawaii.
    And btw if you wanted it to be locked because its unrelated to starbound, the way you said it completely changed the meaning, you put a "but" in there so I believe you were implying that you wanted this thread to be locked because you didn't like the idea (english class ftw)
    "If you don't have anything good to say, Don't say it at all"

As for the idea. Sorry, but it doesn't really seem reasonable to add another race when its so close to going into beta, I could see them being NPC's on Oceania worlds though.

5. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

They'll be updating this game for at least a year after it's official release, and some of those updates will eventually include new races.

Zain Hallows likes this.
  6. 70calories

70calories Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's a pretty interesting concept however how does an entire civilization of land lovers just up and move into the sea? Seems like that would be the end of their existence before they even get a chance to start a new.

If they floated on boats gather resources from the sea they could evolve into the species you are trying to create

7. Simon Petrikov

I would not like the aspect of them adding new races after the game has released.

8. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

If you do it incorrectly.

9. Simon Petrikov

If you did them correctly it would have to be a completely independent race not mentioned in any of the preexisting lore. I guess the difficulty of it depends on the detail of the lore.

10. Zain Hallows

yes and no, some stayed on land...but most of them went into the ocean!

11. Legacy95

Legacy95 Void-Bound Voyager

You see, the point I'm trying to get across is that if you could at least animate the images, and possibly add lines to the Terra Sharks, then I'd change my mind. :) But anyway, still, as you said, you're still working, that's fine. By the way, I was joking about the thread not being related to StarBound; if you look it this way: You're allowed to suggest new races, but the Devs might not actually include the sprites, but rather, take inspiration. Doesn't that sound like a good idea? But then, just my thoughts, mate. :D

12. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

That's the whole point of suggesting new races, you don't even need to have any kind of sprites/pictures.
    Just good descriptions and whatnot, and if it sounds good they may add it to the game.

The point of people making their own sprites is simply to give you an idea of what the race might look like, it doesn't have to be perfect or even match the games art style at all.
    If the dev's like it and decide to put it into the game they would make new sprites to fit their style themselves.

Zain Hallows likes this.
  13. Princess Cadence

Princess Cadence Pangalactic Porcupine

I like this race idea. But the model is really bulky. But when I think of sharks I think slim and fast.
    But it'd really be cool to have another fish race that are more primitive. +1

Zain Hallows likes this.
  14. Spacros

Spacros Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! Be proud! Only yesterday you created this thread! It seems to me that more people are interested in a shark than a Secret Agent. Yours in one day has 30+ replies while mine only has 19 and it's been up for a more than a week. Good for you!

Zain Hallows likes this.
  15. Zain Hallows

^^ thanks!

16. The O5 Director

The O5 Director Big Damn Hero

Wow, some of you guys are dicks.

Takes me back to the BF3 forum days.
    "ha you're a jew i wish hitler kiled al of you"
    "just die youre suggestiones r horible"
    "fuk u kid imma cum over there and smash ur faic in with a sleghamer"

OT: I like sharks. I like people. Terra Sharks are two times as nice. While I suggest expanding on the lore and sprites, I think this is a great idea.

Zain Hallows likes this.
  17. hydran101

hydran101 Void-Bound Voyager

I say that we should be able to play as these terra-sharks (unless it is already being thought of)

Edit: I didn't see the word "Race" before soz.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    Zain Hallows likes this.
  18. hydran101

This is a extremely good idea for a race, almost all races mods or not are humanoid, the only non humanoid ones are futradragon, Centaur, and the amazing avali. it's good to see another race that is non-humanoid yet still have humanoid aspects.

So, in a quick question because this started in 2013 will there be an expected release (if it is a mod, or just a suggestion) in 2014?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Zain Hallows likes this.
  19. BurningDogFace

BurningDogFace Poptop Tamer

I'm a little worried that another race of fish-people might make the Hylotl seem less unique, but for what it's worth, I really like the concept. :)

20. hydran101

Not your everyday hylotl Man, these are full on Sharks that can walk on land and open doors, it's like the jurassic park velociraptors and great white sharks had a baby.
    As most people would call these; LAND SHARKS. THey prefer to be called terra-sharks. Hylotl MOVE OVER AND LET THE SHARKS COME IN.

Zain Hallows likes this.