Race WHOA LOOK! THOSE ARE: TERRA SHARKS!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zain Hallows, Nov 27, 2013.

1. alphabetsoup

alphabetsoup Subatomic Cosmonaut

A couple of problems with this lore:
    • there is already an Aztec-inspired race in existence, the Avians
    • Assuming that the Aztecs weren't space travelers, this implies that the Terra Sharks came from Earth like the humans. This also implies that they fled the eldritch abomination that forced Humans into exile. This makes them share too much history with the humans, makes them feel less 'sci-fi', and may also raise questions over why humans treat them as an exotic race (although it may be because you haven't mentioned human-shark relations yet)
    If you're perfectly fine with them sharing the same origin as humans and can figure out a way to make it work, be my guest. But I have some suggestions if that is not your intended direction:
    • Regarding the existence of an 'Aztec' race in game: You can always choose another 'human equivalent' culture as the inspiration. For example, you could use Polynesian or West Coast North American myths about the sea as your source of inspiration. Ancient Greek/Roman seems to be a popular choice on this forum, so if you wanted something easy, you could try that.
    • You can change 'Aztec' to another alien race, or just not specify what the alien race was (some mysterious ancient race wooooo spooky and mystical). You can even choose to say that an older form of Hylotl civilization found this treasure. Or, if you really, really wanted to justify the Aztec inspiration, you could say that Earth's Aztecs were influenced by some precursor race, possibly the same precursor race that helped the Avians.
    • If you wanted to keep Earth as the point of origin, you can say that the precursor race took the intelligent sharks away to live on another planet, with whatever justification you can come up with
    These are just suggestions, you don't have to take these suggestions if you feel they don't work.

Zain Hallows likes this.
  2. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

haha thanks man! first off, this lore is a...place holder ;3 I have to rework it at some point when I get it working ingame! we shall see what I go with!

3. BurningSprite

BurningSprite Big Damn Hero

You know what? Screw it, not only necromancy, but a +1 for Terra-sharks!