WHY can't I find a dinosaur egg? Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FarmerDreamer, Sep 21, 2016.

?

Have you found a dino egg?

1. Not yet

40 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Yes

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Yeah, multiple eggs!

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

I think the last item you need to collect is always the hardest to find. Dunno if it only seems that way because you get other items multiple times or RNG, but just keep looking, you'll get it eventually, even if it doesn't seem that way at first.

• w00tl00ps

w00tl00ps Subatomic Cosmonaut

Try digging in the mountain around summer time when the train area unlocks. Also I THINK it can be dug up in the mines. The 4 I have fished have been two at the farthest side of the mountain lake past the Monster Hunter Guild, and two at the base of the first dock on the east side where the dock meets the beach. By first dock I mean the one you walk straight down and it puts you right at Willy's door virtually. Probably RNG but I had all 4 catches on the Dino Egg happen in those two spots.

• miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

end of spring year 5.. still no dino egg :zzz:;

• Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Stubbornness is the only solution.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i had over 300 hours like you too, lmao

i was lucky and got an egg out of a fishing chest in my 1.1 file. IN MY FIRST YEAR! but hey i'm happy

• miryuo

i'm gonna have nightmares of the treasure chests tonight ... you click on it and even if nothings inside theres at least one bait in there... you could say its click bait.. *cries*

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
              • yiyi

yiyi Tentacle Wrangler

In my first save I got like 3 dinosaur eggs by fishing and thought it was easy to get. then I started my second save, 3 years past, almost forgot the egg's existence...:(

• miryuo

update: i still haven't found it.. but i replaced my chicken with tiny red cardinals and dodos and i think i'm good now and happy ^^

• miryuo

update 2: i just got the egg while fishing a little.. omg.. finally.. you don'T even understand.. haha i wasn't even trying today
                    that went straight into the incubator :> yay

Reddestiny921 likes this.
                    • Akanaro

Akanaro Great Scott!

I found one in me 2nd week of spring but I gave it to Gunther. It's now a year later and I haven't found another one again. :/